Saturday, July 28, 2007

Week 5 - Let a playa play!

Hello sports fans, welcome to another... (Bob Uecker cracks me up Major League btw)

Oops

Well this week presented some very interesting things. Before I get to the one that triggered my curiosity the most, i must do a shameless self-promotion



This is a motivational poster I made using one of the image generators. Its promoting my group, a friend and I make some interesting stuff and just finished recording our first CD. http://www.orangealbumproject.com/ is the link, btw. Ok enough of that.



I really found the rollyo create-your-own search engine very cool. I made one myself, http://rollyo.com/elsigwaldio/my_news/

It will search some of my favorite fact gathering and headline pages. I can imagine this being very useful to everybody, whether its the chronic online shopper and wants to search all their favorite online stores for the same product, or a librarian wanting to maybe poll multiple system catalogs through one spot. Very cool, very fun, very simple too. I do wish they had a tool that would actually upload your bookmarks in your browser to their search engine generator to make the process even more awesome. This was far more usefull than the bloglines page.


So this week I got myself an iPod. 80 gigabytes. Its amazing so far. I have put the entire Queen live from Wembley Stadium dvd on it. Also the movie "Airplane!". I don't know why I didn't have one of these before, but I am glad I waited for the video iPod and such a massive size. I also plan to put all my CDs on it. I am still learning through all of its ins and outs. Heres to crazy portableness. We watched airplane on it last night in the orchestra pit, kept us out of trouble.

Peace to you all

No comments: